Vegan Pad Thai
Pad Thai vegan style.
- Boil enough water to completely submerge rice noodles. Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and add the noodles. Let noodles sit for about five minutes or until still just slightly firm. Drain, shock them with cold water to stop cooking process, and set aside.
- Squeeze tofu completely dry. Cut into 1/4 to 1/2" squares and set aside.
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce, lime juice and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a wok, stir-fry the garlic powder and tofu squares in 1 tablespoon of oil until lightly browned.
- Add remaining oil, onions, and optional 1" piece of ginger (grated) and stir-fry for about two minutes.
- Add mixed vegetables and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add peanut mixture, bean sprouts and rice noodles and stir-fry until sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately or if you're cooking for just yourself, put the uneaten portions in containers and freeze until ready to be consumed.
There are 528 calories in 1 serving of Vegan Pad Thai.
Calorie split: 33% fat, 52% carbs, 15% protein.
Related Recipe Collections
Potato and Leek Soup
Hearty winter soup that's very filling.
Per serve - Energy: 188kcal | Carb: 36.39g | Prot: 4.36g | Fat: 3.22g
Tomato and Red Lentil Soup
A lovely hearty tomato and red lentil soup that the whole family can enjoy.
Per serve - Energy: 264kcal | Carb: 34.03g | Prot: 12.01g | Fat: 10.52g
Delicious minestrone makes for a hearty meal in itself.
Per serve - Energy: 219kcal | Carb: 40.11g | Prot: 11.19g | Fat: 2.18g
A tasty bean salad that's great for a barbecue.
Per serve - Energy: 284kcal | Carb: 38.34g | Prot: 7.67g | Fat: 12.04g
Blackbeans with Rice
A perfect dish for lovers of blackbeans and rice.
Per serve - Energy: 519kcal | Carb: 106.81g | Prot: 15.69g | Fat: 3.03g